Friday, November 5, 2010

VA - Second Day

May 1, 1730
First Congregational Church in Waltham, MA
           Yesterday was all talking and settling in, so this morning I told Seth I wanted him to show me around the town. He sure did! Today was a Sunday, so I asked him if his family usually went to church. My family goes to church every Sunday back home, as there is this new, inspiring pastor in Massachusetts named Jonathan Edwards, and he's causing quite the religious revival. Seth said that he had never heard of Edwards, so I presumed that his preachings and sermons had yet to reach Virginia. I am pretty sure though that they will soon, and when Virginia gets wind of the preachings, religion will once again be a very important factor in daily life. Nonetheless, Seth said even though he doesn't regularly go, we could go to church today so I could see what it was like. One of the main differences was that this was the Anglican Church. Back home, my family was a member of the Congregational Church. Regardless, it was still fun to see the differences between the churches, and I had a wonderful day. Tomorrow Seth said he can bring me along for a day of his school. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment